On Monday night, I set my alarm for 6:30 Tuesday morning. I planned to make a few of these honey cloud pancakes that I discovered on Things we Make the night before. Of course, the plan didn’t end up following through and I pressed the snooze button multiple times (as usual). Luckily, the weekend allows for cooking up a storm, so today I’ll be sharing this DELICIOUS recipe!
I started cooking while Mom and Dad were sleeping in order to surprise them with breakfast. Sadly the surprise was ruined with the smoke alarm going off…oh well! That just meant that we got to eat them even sooner!
- 1 large egg and 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup of warmed milk
- 1/4 cup of plain flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 dash of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Soft fruits
- Heat the oven to 390°F
- Heat a small 6″ oven proof frying pan
- In one bowl whisk one egg white until it is white and peaky
- To make the main batter, in another bowl, mix the the other whole egg with flour, salt, honey, and vanilla then whisk in the warm milk
- Gently fold the egg white into the batter with a metal spoon
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in the hot pan
- Pour the batter in and cook on the stove top for a few minutes until starting to set at the very edge
- Sprinkle some fruit on top
- Bake the whole lot in the hot oven for 7 minutes until puffed up and golden
- Drizzle with honey
Repeat steps 6-10 for each pancake.
Enjoy these fluffy and delicious pancakes!